We had several meals on the plane... hm... the orange meringue (dessert) was nice :D Thought of sending a postcard from 'air'... while, no luck - Emirates does not have postcards available on board.
To my pleasant surprise, each seat comes with a touch screen. And yes, the range of movies it offers... (even before the plane takes off!). "Watched" a few movies on the way...
- Hairspray - a musical... on how a plump girl pursued a passion to be a dancer...
Ratatouille - story about mice(?) Ying Leng said it was nice... Hm... watched part of it... slept through part of it... in the end... could not figure out the head/tail of the story line.
- Mr Bean on Holiday - a funny show to destress... hahaha... oh yes, there were scenes of Paris - the Eiffel Tower!!! Oh yes, would be there in a week's time!
- Harry Potter - hm... think it's the 3rd sequel. Well, have not read the book, have not watched any of its movie... for curiosity... wondering why it whipped up so much interest. Well, not my cup of tea.
- One more ... can't quite remember the name, but it's a comedy... something to do with Funeral.. recommended by Chai Noi. Well, slept through the show...
We arrived at Zurich in the early afternoon (near 2 pm). Nevertheless, by the time we waited for all to board the coach, it was already over 3 pm... and the sky started to dim...Zurich City Tour
- We remained in the coach throughout... Hm... refreshing look - compared to what we have back at home... A city well laid-out with huge buildings with a river runs through,... the big train stations, etc... Hm... compared with other cities, not very impressive though. Well, reminded myself, it's only the 1st day in Switzerland... Let's look out for more.
- Did not have much info about the city... Commentary? Hm... not really, info in my research handouts were more useful.
Schaffhausen - Rheinfall/Rhinefall
- We drove up to Schaffhausen for the Rheinfall. This was the first sightseeing stop. Heard about the name... Ee? Isn't there a Rhein River (莱茵河) that runs through Germany? So, they are connected!
- As of the Rheinfall, it's supposed one of the most impressive falls in Europe, with a width of 150m. Yes, the water rushing down so vigorously...
- Hm... wondering if it's because of the angle? We saw it from the west/north shore... did not feel that kind of "grandness"... perhaps the view from the south shore would be different!
- Have the first taste of cold... pretty windy... luckily had my gloves and coat with me!
Titisee - a town at the German-Swiss border
Heard about blackforest? oh! That reminded me of the blackforest cake... (that was mentioned in the itinerary)!!! Lunch??? No, it's already dinner time, yet we were just making our way there... Oh no... no sign of the forest... 'cos it already started getting dark... there went my blackforest cake :-(
- No, we did not have dinner at Titisee... though our body told us it's bedtime and far after dining time already! At last we arrived! Just to see the cuckoo clocks! What??? Cuckoo clocks??? In fact, I hope that we had given it a miss! What's big deal??? That could be one of the items to any Germany trips! That's not in our main course!
- Click at the clip at the side bar to watch the Cuckoo clock introduction and demonstration.
- At last, we drove back to Lucerne - it was a detour! Cold and hungry, we arrived at the hotel near 9 pm!
- Our dinner? Saltish soup and saltish chicken! It's the first time white rice became the limelight on the plate. Hm... the last item - ICE CREAM is the saving grace :D
- Was still thinking of the blackforest cake when I went to bed.